Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

The dress is becoming a garden of stitched delight. I love sewing on her every night. Today she gets washed in the tub again. She has had a variety of things spilled and smeared into her gauzy layers since the last wash. She is becoming so much apart of me that even when I take her off at night she still keeps my form.

Today I bought a new, well not so new but new to me, coat. This coat suits my dress very well; so well that I received 8 compliments about her today, not about me specifically, but about her... the dress. Maybe I should name her. Miss November seems kind of funny, but also oddly appropriate. I think I will have to be patient and see what she would like to be called.

People are certainly noticing that I have been wearing the same dress. A neighbor said in passing " I keep meaning to tell you that your dress is fabulous.". I wonder if it registered that she keeps meaning to tell me because I wear it every day? Another neighbor just looked up and down the dress and smiled. I have run into them at least 4 days in a row. I keep telling myself that perhaps they haven't noticed yet because my sweater or my shoes are different. I think this is denial, they must be noticing, I won how long it will take before they ask me something? Or will they just ignore it? As more keeps being added, Miss November is getting harder to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment