Friday, December 10, 2010

December 9, 2010

Frustration! It is noon and I am still in my workout clothes and in denial over having to eventually put on my dress. This dress is fraying and getting all bulges and puckers and is not cooperating. I have added a beautiful blue silk scarf that was donated to me by a friend, but the material is showing it's age. Where I stitch it breaks and unravels. Such is the way when using vintage silks, the fibers become weakest at the edge of the embroidery. My only hope is that by stitching like crazy over the silk it will fray and look interesting, otherwise I may have to cut it off and try not to freak out over the "blemishes."

1 comment:

  1. Put that dress on!
    Also, I need to pick your brain a little soon concerning this project of yours.

    ReplyDelete