Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011

Fashion vs. Practical.  The cute purse vs. the utility backpack.  I went with the utility backback.  My life fits into a utility backback.  It has pockets to hold wallet, keys, cellphone, bottle of water, snack, art things, calendar, diapers, extra clothes and my work out clothes (just in case).  The cute little purse is something I wish my life could fit into like a fantastical Mary Poppins bag, but unfortunatly it doesn't.  The makings of a fashionista are sadly crumbling with this month, I feel like life has given me a blessing, a break from the intensity of art making.  I am still making art, but the form is just different, less focus on the dress this month, more focus on a piece that is going to be written about for an upcoming show.  There is a time and place for everything, right now my time and place are just not as diligent about this dress... is she kind of neglected?... well, um yes.  But I still think she will end with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment