Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

What a fantastic Art Hop! Friday night was fabulous and the art was awesome, especially the surprise James Turrell. You never know what amazing little pockets of art you may find. I want to give props to artists Nancy Dwyer, Grace Weaver, Lorraine Reynolds, Jake Riken, as well as props to the curators and organizers of many gallery spaces including, Christy Mitchell of the S.P.A.C.E. Gallery, Rick Levinson and Clark Derbes from the Root Gallery, and to everyone at SEABA (South End Arts and Business Association). Great Work! And then a special thanks to Teresa Davis and Davis Studios for Kids Hop! I may have been one of the teachers and facilitaors if kids hop, but my son came and he is still talking about it after three days.

And then of course for STRUT, the fashion show, thank you thank you thank you to my lovely models: Dre Idle, Kate Butts, Allison Hicks, Abby Mannock, Andrea Todd, and Darshana Bolt! You girls looked so fabulous and made my entire year! (pictures soon to follow)

And now I am on my way to Stowe, VT with nearly my entire studio packed into my car. The Tulle Did Her In opens on September 23 at Helen Day Art Center. I feel a little emotional to have my work all packed into my car. I get to drive an hour with all this intense energy crammed into one small space.... I must admit I am a little apprehensive and nervous to get in the car... Perhaps this is why I am stalling with this post.... Alas, I must go...the show must go on.

Wylie Sofia Garcia
www.wyliegarcia.com
dressthatmakesthewoman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment