Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 10th, 2011

I have misplaced my camera cord.  I have some fabulous pictures, but no way to download... yet.
My apartment is undergoing a major change.  A MAJOR Major MAJOR change...  We are packing up alot of artwork.  Moving pieces that we have lived with for many many years into storage.  I have been packing and bubbling and boxing works of art that have been around me, that have been my visual fodder for so long that I believe I am taking them for granted.   So it is time to move them out of my visual language and see what parts of them will remain in my memory... my subconscious.  This feels Great!  Instead of a wall packed with art I will have a wall devoted to one piece.  I am particularly excited about my Charles Barbier corner.  Who is Charles? Only the most wonderful, amazing, talented and gracious artist human being.  I love his art.  Charles lives near Baton Rouge, LA.  too far away from us.  We miss him so much and love his art so much that we wouldn't dare put his paintings into storage... it would be like losing a family member... that's how attached I am to his pieces that we have. 
 
I am also in the process of painting the walls.  Creamy off white and of course the bright green.  The red and chalk paint wall is going bye-bye.  I was starting to feel like I had permanent 3-D goggle vision in my living room.  No more split tone walls.  But the green stays.  In most of the places I have lived, I have had a bright green, almost neon green wall.  Where does that come from?  I  don't know, but it feels right. 

--
Wylie Sofia Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment